Vatel – Companhia de Produtos Alimentares, SA welcomes you to our website www.vatel.pt.
Thank you for your interest in our company, its products and services. The protection of your privacy in the processing of personal data is an important concern for us which we respect in all of our business relationships. Our data processing is based on the principles of lawfulness, purpose linkage, accuracy, data minimization and storage limitation, transparency and the protection of confidentiality and integrity.
This data privacy statement explains which of your personal data we record and store on this website as well as the purposes for which we do this and the legal basis.
This website may include links not covered by this data privacy statement.
1) Logging of access to the website
As soon as you open this website we collect the personal data your browser transfers to our server. This is the following data:
- the IP address;
- Date and time you retrieve it;
- The region (not the address) from which the IP address accesses the website;
- Browser language,
- browser type (e. g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari) and version;
- Operating system;
- Device type (e.g. mobile device, desktop computer, tablet);
- Browsing behavior on the website (e.g. when was the website visited, which parts of the website were clicked, how much time was spent on the website);
- The website from which the request came.
We process and store this data to ensure the site works properly, to improve its content and to create statistical analyses, based on the aggregated data on surfing. We also process and store this data in order to analyse the technical operation of the site and ensure that our information technology systems are secure. Our legitimate interest in data processing pursuant to Article 6(1) letter f GDPR is thus the necessity to display this website to you and ensure that it is stable and secure.
TO BE CLARIFIED
In addition to the aforementioned data, our website also stores data cookies. Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer when using the device to visit a website. Cookies enable a website to identify a user’s device and are used by website operators to operate their websites more efficiently. Furthermore, they can provide analytical information. Cookies cannot run programs or deliver viruses to your device. Their purpose is to make the Internet offering overall more user-friendly and effective. If you have not already granted your consent pursuant to Article 6(1) letter a GDPR and personal data is also processed by individual cookies that we have implemented, the legal basis for this is, pursuant to Article 6(1) letter f GDPR, the pursuit of our legitimate interests in the best possible functioning of the website and user-friendly design of your visit to the site. Cookies are only stored for as long as is needed for their respective purpose.
Types of Cookies we Use:
Our website uses “technical cookies”. Their purpose is to transfer a communication via our electronic communications network or to provide the service that you have explicitly requested. They are not used for any other purpose. They include:
Navigation or session cookies which ensure normal navigation and use of the site;
Analysis cookies which are used directly by us to collect information in aggregated form about the number of users and their visits to the site
The use of such cookies requires your consent. You grant your consent using a check box with which you can activate or deactivate cookies for each individual third party. You can revoke this consent at any time by deactivating cookies in the aforementioned way. You can also deactivate cookies using the methods described in the “Help” function of your browser and delete cookies set in the past. If you do not know the type and version of the browser you are using, click on “Help” at the top of the browser window to find the information you need. Please note that if you deactivate cookies you may not be able to use the full functionality of our website. The browser types differ in how cookie settings are managed. Please click on the following links to get more information and decide whether you wish to authorize the installation and use of third-party cookies. Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookiesFirefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computerChrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=DesktopSafari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=de_DE&viewlocale=en_USOpera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
3) Contact forms and e-mail-addresses
Our website includes email addresses and contact forms enabling you to contact our company quickly by electronic means and to communicate with us directly. If you contact us by email or using a contact form, the personal data you transfer to us is automatically stored. Such personal data transferred by you to us on a voluntary basis is used for the purposes of processing your enquiry or contacting you. You can see from the respective contact form which data is collected for that form. We also store the IP address issued by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) of the computer system you are using when you register, as well as the time and data of registration. It is necessary to collect this data in order to be able to check the (possible) misuse of your email address at a later point in time and thus protect ourselves in law.
This personal data is not passed onto third parties.
The legal basis for the processing of data is your consent pursuant to Article 6(1) letter a GDPR. If you contact us with the aim of concluding a contract, Article 6(1) letter b GDPR is an additional legal basis for the processing. Once your enquiry has been processed, your data is deleted. This is the case when it can be seen from the circumstances that the matter in hand has been fully dealt with, unless deletion of the data conflicts with statutory obligations to retain data.
4) Google (Universal) Analytics
We use Google (Universal) Analytics on this website with the extension “”_anonymizeIp ()””, which shortens the IP address within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area and thus prevents direct personal reference. Only in exceptional cases the full IP address will be sent to a server of Google LLC. in the USA and will be shortened there. This information is used to evaluate your use of the website and to create reports on website activity. Your IP address will not be merged with other Google data.
You can find more information about Google Analytics here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
We obtain your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a GDPR on the processing described above, in particular the use of Google Analytics cookies for reading information on the device you use by the settings that you make under “”Your settings for cookies for this website”” or “Cookie preferences”.
5) Google web fonts
Our website uses the “web fonts” provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland for the uniform display of fonts. As soon as you visit a page, your browser will load the required web fonts into your browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose, your browser must connect to the Google servers. This transmits the information that our website was accessed via your IP address to Google. We use Google Web Fonts so that our website is displayed consistently and appealingly on different devices. This is our legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. If you use a browser that does not support web fonts, our website will be displayed with a standard font of your computer.
Further information about Google Web Fonts can be found at https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq and in Google’s data privacy statement: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
6) Links to websites and third-party content
Our website includes links to other pages on the Internet. We have no influence on the form of the pages linked to from our website and are not responsible for their content. We recommend you read the data privacy policies of such third-party websites carefully.
7) Length of time for which your data is stored
We only store your data for as long as is necessary for the respective purposes, specifically either as described in the data privacy statement or required by law. After it has fulfilled the purpose, the data concerned is deleted in accordance with the applicable provisions of data protection law.
8) Measures for the security of your data
We implement technical and organizational security measures to protect your data managed by us against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are constantly being improved as technology develops.
9) Contact details of the controller for data processing
Vatel – Companhia de Produtos Alimentares, S.A., Estrada da Macol, nº 39, 2615 – 711 Sobralinho, corporate body no. 502644699 is the controller.
10) Your rights with regard to the processing of your data
In respect of the processing of your personal data, the applicable data protection legislation grants you vis-à-vis us extensive rights of access and intervention. These are:
- Right to access: You have a right to access information about your personal data processed by us.
- Right to rectification: You have a right to rectification without undue delay of inaccurate data concerning you and/or completion of your incomplete data stored by us.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to demand your personal data be deleted if the prerequisites of Article 17(1) GDPR are fulfilled.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to demand the restriction of processing of your personal data if the prerequisites of Article 18(1) GDPR are fulfilled.
- Right to notification: If you have asserted the right to rectification, erasure or restriction of processing vis-à-vis us, we are obliged to inform all recipients to whom the relevant personal data was disclosed of this rectification, erasure or restriction of processing unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You have the right to be notified about these recipients.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive in a structured, standard and machine-readable format your personal data, which you have provided to us, or demand it be transmitted to another controller insofar as that is technically feasible.
- Right to withdrawal of consent granted: At any time you have the right to withdraw consent that was once granted to the processing of data with effect for the future. If such consent is withdrawn, the data concerned is deleted without undue delay. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent before the withdrawal.
- Right to complain: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, for example with Portuguese Data Protection Authority , regarding our processing of your data.
- Right to object: if as part of the weighing of interests your personal data is processed on the basis of our overriding legitimate interest, you have the right at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to object to this processing with effect for the future.
11) Amendments of the data privacy information
We reserve the right to amend this data privacy statement at any time. We therefore recommend that you review the data privacy statement regularly.